The City of Ryde will be holding a Battle of the Bands competition for 2018. The competition is open to all Youth bands (there is NO location restriction).
Bands will be shortlisted by a panel of judges and the top three entries will be invited to perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert. The concert will provide bands to do a live performance and showcase their talents to the community.
A judging panel will finalise a winner on the night and will award the winning band with a cash prize of $1000. There will also be a People’s Choice Prize of $250.
The winner will be announced at the City of Ryde Australia Day Concert.
HOW TO ENTER
To register your band click on the button below to complete the online application form.
All fields must be completed in the entry form with the inclusion of a live video (maximum 10 minutes).
Please note: All applicants must be over the age of 16 to complete the form. If under the age of 16 a guardian/teacher must complete the form on behalf of the band.
Applications close at 4 pm on Monday 11 December 2017.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Application form must be submitted by 4pm Monday 11 December 2017.
- The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age as at the 26 January 2018.
- Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert on Friday 26 January 2018. The Concert will begin at 5 pm, with the top three ‘Battle of the Bands’ opening the event.
- Bands that have signed a contract with a major record company are not eligible to enter the City of Ryde (COR) Battle of the Bands competition.
- All videos submitted for entry must be of a live performance, to an audience. Videos must have at least 1 original song and videos cannot exceed 10 minutes in duration.
- All band members under 16 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to perform at the Australia Day Concert.