In Term 3, 2017 MOSPRESS and F.R.E.S.H are working together to bring some delicious snacks to the Mosman Youth Blog! Each week, they will be preparing different recipes, and posting accompanying blog posts with photos.
Our FIRST blog post is up now – click HERE or on the first blog post below!
15 August, 2017, By web team IN Feature Articles
Week Two of FRESH Snacks brings you an easy recipe for delicious mini pancakes!
In week two, Mospress & F.R.E.S.H cooked up some bite-sized pikelets for after school snacks! These are so simple and quick to make, and taste great topped with any type of fruits and maple syrup! With the addition of a gluten and dairy free member this week, we made an alternate recipe that still tasted completely delicious without the milk and gluten! Read below for the recipes...
- 3/4 cup milk (for dairy free: any plant based milk - we used soy!)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour (for gluten free: 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Melted butter or oil to brush pan
- Toppings of choice: we used sliced strawberries, bananas and blueberries with icing sugar dust and maple syrup!
1. Whisk the milk and egg together in a bowl
2. Sift the flour and sugar together into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Pour the egg and milk mixture together into the flour mixture.
3. Mix well until combined.
4. Heat up a non stick pan over media heat with a dash of oil or butter .
5. Place tablespoons of batter onto the hot pan and flatten with a spatula
6. Flip pikelets when bubbles start to burst on the top surface and they are golden brown.
7. Serve with your favourite toppings of choice!
Working hard in the Mosman Youth Centre Kitchen to bring together our fantastic recipe!
A behind the scenes shot from our Mospress member writing this blog post....multi-tasking at it's finest !
Photography & Blog Post: Kent Baptis & Sean Luo
4 August, 2017, By web team IN Mospress
Mospress & F.R.E.S.H worked together this week on bringing you their first FRESH snack for students!
These bite-sized snacks are an ideal choice for parties, gatherings...even after school! Rather than using a traditional base for these treats, we opted for a quicker (and healthier!) version using vegetables as the base! They cook much faster and taste DELICIOUS!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 medium/large zucchinis
- 6 Portobello mushrooms (stems removed) (washed and dried with a paper towel)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup of tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (we used mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup of pepperoni or salami bits (finely sliced)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to grill
- Wash the portobello mushrooms and arrange on a large baked sheet , stem-side up
- Wash the zucchinis, and cut into large chunks (1-2cm in width). Place these an another baking sheet at least 1cm apart from eachother.
- Add toppings to your mini bases - first starting with the tomato sauce, then add your desired amount of tomatoes, cheese and salami. Top with italian seasoning.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and...enjoy!
F.R.E.S.H members Catalina & Kailin working on the prep for the pizza bites in the Mosman Youth Centre kitchen
We hope you enjoy these creative pizza recipes and keep your eyes peeled for more exciting recipes to come the next few weeks...
Blog Post: Kent BaptisREADMORE
1 August, 2017, By web team IN Snacks for Students
For Term 3, 2017 - Mospress and F.R.E.S.H, Mosman Youth's volunteering groups, will be working together to bring some new life and content to one of our pages on the Mosman Youth website....
From the 3rd of August, we bring you...
Each new week will see FRESH content uploaded to the 'FRESH Snacks' section under the MY News tab! The unique skills from F.R.E.S.H members will be brought together with the media campaigners of Mospress to create some exciting content for our website, featuring healthy snacks to excite your taste buds!
Keep your eyes peeled this week for the new recipes...
6 June, 2014, By web team IN Snacks for Students
With homework increasing and exams looming what better way to unwind than to bake these decadently delicious brownies! This recipe combines three of my favourite things: chocolate chip cookies, Oreos and brownie to make the ultimate comfort food. To top it off, anyone can make this recipe- no matter what your skill level is.READMORE