Mospress & F.R.E.S.H worked together this week on bringing you their first FRESH snack for students!
These bite-sized snacks are an ideal choice for parties, gatherings…even after school! Rather than using a traditional base for these treats, we opted for a quicker (and healthier!) version using vegetables as the base! They cook much faster and taste DELICIOUS!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 medium/large zucchinis
- 6 Portobello mushrooms (stems removed) (washed and dried with a paper towel)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup of tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (we used mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup of pepperoni or salami bits (finely sliced)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to grill
- Wash the portobello mushrooms and arrange on a large baked sheet , stem-side up
- Wash the zucchinis, and cut into large chunks (1-2cm in width). Place these an another baking sheet at least 1cm apart from eachother.
- Add toppings to your mini bases – first starting with the tomato sauce, then add your desired amount of tomatoes, cheese and salami. Top with italian seasoning.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and…enjoy!
F.R.E.S.H members Catalina & Kailin working on the prep for the pizza bites in the Mosman Youth Centre kitchen
We hope you enjoy these creative pizza recipes and keep your eyes peeled for more exciting recipes to come the next few weeks…
Blog Post: Kent Baptis