Week THREE of FRESH Snacks is something a little different, with a healthier take on a traditional bite-sized potato treat – tater tots!!
For Week three, F.R.E.S.H and Mospress proudly presents the Broccoli Tater Tots!!! these FRESHLY made Broccoli Tots are a healthy twist on the original fried potato version, with FRESH and green ingredients!!!
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion OR 1/4 cup spring onion, diced
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free, regular or panko will work!)
- 2 tablespoons parsley ( or cilantro, rosemary, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute, quickly removing after. Drain well.
3. Chop broccoli finely and mix together the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
4. Spoon around 1.5 tablespoons of mixture into your hands and gently press between your hands to form firm balls, then shape into a tater-tot shape. Now, Place on your prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning the tater tots over half way. and turn them over.
6. Serve with tomato sauce (or any sauce you desire!).
Thanks for tuning in to this weeks FRESH Snack! See below for some action shots of our F.R.E.S.H volunteers making the tater-tots.
Blog Post: Sean Luo