Are you in a band? Interested in the publicity, media or event industries?
Top Sydney publicist Natalie Dodds will be sharing all her secrets on successful publicity in her upcoming workshop at the Mosman Youth Centre. She’ll be covering topics that include all the various aspects of running a successful event or gaining publicity as a band from writing effective press releases to tips on increasing your online presence.
After spending several years working in fashion and lifestyle PR, Natalie started her own music PR agency after many requests from her musically inclined friends. With the goal of growing her business, Natalie also dabbled in a few other areas such as bars, venues, events and social media. During her three years running her own business, Natalie worked with a stack of Australian and International artists including Ball Park Music, Emma Louise, Passenger and Andy Bull, while also contracting to EMI Music Australia as their QLD Media Manager. In early 2012, Natalie then joined Create/Control and Secret Service PR working on campaigns for the likes of The Smashing Pumpkins, Metric and many more. She is now loving working as a freelance publicist.
With that type of experience, you definitely want to sign up for your spot in this workshop.
Topics covered in this workshop will include:
- Where to start – when running an event or trying to gain publicity
- Event Outlines – what’s involved in running an event
- Posters/Artwork – what’s included in a press pack for an event or band
- Press Releases – how to write an effective one
- Online Presence – grow your presence/event through use of social media
- How to find out what works for you – what steps can you use that best suit you to run a successful event or promote your band
- Fans – how to grow your band’s fans and how to encourage attendance at your events
- Finances – how should they be used and where are they best spent