The last recipe in our FRESH Snacks series is a Vietnamese favourite + super easy to make at home, check it out below!
~Rice Paper Rolls~
Rice paper rolls are a traditional Vietnamese entree that taste delicious with basically any fillings – vegetables, rice noodles, tofu, chicken prawns…even fruit!!
- 1 packet rice paper roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 packet or 200 grams bean sprouts
- 1 small carrot peeled and grated
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, peeled to ribbons
- 1 medium avocado, cut into strips
- 1 packet rice vermicelli noodles
- sauce for serving – sweet chilli, peanut satay – anything you like!
- Cook your rice vermicelli noodles according to the packet instructions (usually by adding boiling water and letting them steam for 5 minutes).
- Chop all vegetables or fillings and keep aside.
- Pour warm water into a large bowl or container half full. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water until it becomes soft and malleable.
- Place dipped rice paper roll on to a plate and begin filling the rice paper roll.
- Roll the rice paper roll as per the diagram below.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
How to roll your own rice paper rolls!
Our star volunteer Catalina making a perfect rice paper roll on her first time!
That’s it from us for now – Mospress & F.R.E.S.H hope you have enjoyed this series of fun after-school recipes!
Blog Post; Sean Luo