Week Two of FRESH Snacks brings you an easy recipe for delicious mini pancakes!
In week two, Mospress & F.R.E.S.H cooked up some bite-sized pikelets for after school snacks! These are so simple and quick to make, and taste great topped with any type of fruits and maple syrup! With the addition of a gluten and dairy free member this week, we made an alternate recipe that still tasted completely delicious without the milk and gluten! Read below for the recipes…
- 3/4 cup milk (for dairy free: any plant based milk – we used soy!)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour (for gluten free: 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Melted butter or oil to brush pan
- Toppings of choice: we used sliced strawberries, bananas and blueberries with icing sugar dust and maple syrup!
1. Whisk the milk and egg together in a bowl
2. Sift the flour and sugar together into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Pour the egg and milk mixture together into the flour mixture.
3. Mix well until combined.
4. Heat up a non stick pan over media heat with a dash of oil or butter .
5. Place tablespoons of batter onto the hot pan and flatten with a spatula
6. Flip pikelets when bubbles start to burst on the top surface and they are golden brown.
7. Serve with your favourite toppings of choice!
Working hard in the Mosman Youth Centre Kitchen to bring together our fantastic recipe!
A behind the scenes shot from our Mospress member writing this blog post….multi-tasking at it’s finest !
Photography & Blog Post: Kent Baptis & Sean Luo